At some point, your outside equipment may stop working. When this happens, your equipment may need to be repaired or replaced. Please keep in mind that you should have backup equipment that you received at your initial activation that you can use. It should be in your kit, so hopefully, you will never have to be “off the air.”
Please take the following steps:
- Locate your back-up unit or cochlear implant parts.
- Pull out your user manual. Look over the troubleshooting section.
- Visit your cochlear implant company’s website. They’ll have troubleshooting tips, guides, and/or videos.
- If you cannot fix the problem yourself, call or email your cochlear implant company. They can help you troubleshoot the problem and work out what parts need to be replaced. All companies should have audiologists who can respond to your questions quickly. Please note that you can order replacement cochlear parts or batteries directly from your cochlear implant company.
- If you are still having a problem, call the clinic at (303) 806-6293 during business hours. It is an automated phone system. You will need to select option two for adult services and then option three to get to the front desk. Ask for a cochlear implant audiologist. If we are not available, please ask to leave a message. Tell us what is happening and which parts (and serial numbers) you are having problems with. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Here are some videos you can also watch for troubleshooting your equipment:
*We ask that you call your company first before calling the clinic. This will likely save you time and help get you back to hearing more quickly.
Monday through Friday, 8am–8pm EST
Open Monday through Friday, 8am – 8pm and Saturdays 10am – 2pm EST
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; if calling after 5:30pm EST, press one for customer service or two for audiology
- Phone: 1.888.633.3524
- Online troubleshooting